1) A boy telling you you’re pretty won’t make you see the beauty in the fullness of your cheeks, in redness of your lips at 2 in the morning when tequila is making the bar bathroom spin. He can’t take away the ugliness that you see in yourself, you have to do that.
2) You have to be ready to hear someone say they love you. You have to be ready, and you have to be willing, and you have to listen. Because sometimes, they won’t say those three words, they’ll put a blanket over you while you’re watching a movie, they’ll kiss your cheek when they think you’re asleep, they’ll smile when they see you first thing in the morning. But you, you have to be willing to see it, feel it, let it in. Letting someone love you takes practice.
3) Don’t make compromises you can’t live with. Compromise is a different version of what you want, not a whole other Universe.
4) Learn to say no. No - to a movie you don’t want to watch; no - to sex you don’t want to have, no- to a relationship that’s driving you mad. Say no - to things that hurt you, to people that extinguish your fire, to jobs you hate and places that are desolate. There are bad things that we can’t control, bad things that happen and we are sucked into and have to feel with every fibre of our being, but the rest - learn to distance yourself, learn to say no.
5) Don’t expect people to walk through fire for you - not your parents, not your friends, not the person you’re in love with. Love doesn’t mean sacrifice, love shouldn’t mean sacrifice. Don’t expect someone to give away pieces of them, so they could fit you better. And don’t feel hurt when they refuse to - it’s self-preservation. Instead - learn from them. Do it as well.
6) Don’t tether yourself to people. Learn to make connections, to love, with both your feet steady on the ground. Learn to let people pass through your life; like a summer breeze, not a storm that’s just been unleashed.
7) Learn the difference between growth and growing up before it’s too late. Rooftops and water fights and ice cream for breakfast can be a part of your life at 10, 25, or 35. But by the time you’re 35 you need to learn to say enough, to be able to walk away, you need to be able to love yourself. Love yourself the way you loved yourself at 10, before the world had a chance to fill your head with ugliness.
Vaguely NSFW Asks (do it, do it, do it!)
- 1. Are looks important in a relationship?
- 2. Are relationships ever worth it?
- 3. Are you a virgin?
- 4. Are you in a relationship?
- 5. Are you in love?
- 6. Are you single this year?
- 7. Can you commit to one person?
- 8. Describe your crush
- 9. Describe your perfect mate
- 10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
- 11. Do you ever want to get married?
- 12. Do you forgive betrayal?
- 13. Do you get jealous easily?
- 14. Do you have a crush on anyone?
- 15. Do you have any piercings?
- 16. Do you have any tattoos?
- 17. Do you like kissing in public?
- 20. Do you shower every day?
- 21. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- 22. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- 23. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- 24. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- 25. Do you want to be in a relationship this year?
- 26. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you?
- 27. Has someone ever written a song or poem for you?
- 28. Have you ever been cheated on?
- 29. Have you ever cheated on someone?
- 30. Have you ever considered plastic surgery? If so, what would you change about your body?
- 31. Have you ever cried over a guy/girl?
- 32. Have you ever experienced unrequited love?
- 33. Have you ever had sex with a man?
- 34. Have you ever had sex with a woman?
- 35. Have you ever kissed someone older than you?
- 36. Have you ever liked one of your best friends?
- 37. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated?
- 38. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- 39. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- 40. Have you ever written a song or poem for someone?
- 41. Have you had sex so far this year?
- 42. How long can you just kiss until your hands start to wander?
- 43. How long was your longest relationship?
- 44. How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had?
- 45. How many people did you kiss in 2012/2013?
- 46. How many times did you have sex last year?
- 47. How old are you?
- 48. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- 49. If you have a boyfriend/girlfriend, what is your favorite thing about him/her?
- 50. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept?
- 51. Is there a boy/girl who you would do absolutely everything for?
- 52. Is there anyone you’ve given up on? Why?
- 53. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are?
- 54. Is there someone you will never forget?
- 55. Share a relationship story.
- 56. State 8 facts about your body
- 57. Things you want to say to an ex
- 58. What are five ways to win your heart?
- 59. What do you look like? (Post a picture!)
- 60. What is the biggest age difference between you and any of your partners?
- 61. What is the first thing you notice in someone?
- 62. What is the sexiest thing someone could ever do for/to you?
- 63. What is your definition of “having sex”?
- 64. What is your definition of cheating?
- 65. What is your favourite foreplay routine?
- 66. What is your favourite roleplay?
- 67. What is your idea of the perfect date?
- 68. What is your sexual orientation?
- 69. What turns you off?
- 70. What turns you on?
- 71. What was your kinkiest wet dream?
- 72. What words do you like to hear during sex?
- 73. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you?
- 74. What’s the most superficial characteristic you look for?
- 75. What’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
- 76. What’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for someone?
- 77. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?
- 78. What’s your dirtiest secret?
- 79. When was the last time you felt jealous? Why?
- 80. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
- 81. Who are five people you find attractive?
- 82. Who is the last person you hugged?
- 83. Who was your first kiss with?
- 84. Why did your last relationship fail?
- 85. Would you ever date someone off of the Internet?
Anonymous asked: WHY ARE YOU SINGLE
because i didn’t forward that chain email letter in 2004